New Amsterdam Musical Association
107 W 130th St, New York, NY 10027
Founded in 1904, NAMA (New Amsterdam Musical Association), is the oldest African-American musical organization in the United States. It was founded at the time that the American Federation of Musicians Local 310 did not admit minority musicians. Taking matters in their own hands, NAMA became the first black music union thus allowing black musicians to perform in and around New York City!
The NAMA Brownstone Celebrates a Milestone Centennial in Harlem!
NAMA has been headquartered in Harlem in the same location for 100 Years,
an amazing accomplishment and show of dedication by the organization to
support black musicians. A historic landmark, the NAMA brownstone has
been the cornerstone of black culture in Harlem, New York City.
After 100 Years serving the community from its Historical Landmark location,
Upgrades the NAMA Brownstone Building has begun!
Please help us do necessary repairs and renovations.
Join us for a recap of Centennial Fundraiser Gala highlights, evening of appreciation music
and more as the celebration of a Century of service here in the Harlem Community continues,
or click below to make a donation to help ensure NAMA's community-nurturing work can continue into the next century for generations of Artists to come!
UPCOMING NAMA EVENTS
- Mon, Aug 22New Amsterdam Musical Association (NAMA)
- Multiple DatesMon, Mar 27NEW AMSTERDAM MUSICAL ASSOC. (NAMA)
- Multiple DatesWed, Mar 29New York
- Multiple DatesTue, Apr 11NEW AMSTERDAM MUSICAL ASSOC. (NAMA)Apr 11, 7:00 PM – 11:00 PMNEW AMSTERDAM MUSICAL ASSOC. (NAMA), 107 W 130th St, New York, NY 10027, USACome enjoy a Pre- Valentine's Day Celebration with Champagne & Roses for the Ladies with Keith the CAPTAIN Gamble & the NU GYPSIES BAND! * Featurd Performances only... NO OPEN MIC on this Night!
- Multiple DatesSun, Apr 30NEW AMSTERDAM MUSICAL ASSOC. (NAMA)
- Multiple DatesWed, Dec 27New York